Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hockey players are tougher than me

So this guy Nathan Horton, who whacked in all those big Game 7 goals, who has a pretty cute wife, and who got cheapshotted by Aaron Rome and then became all the inspiration the Bruins needed... is tougher than I am. Run on sentence and understatement of the century right there.

Earlier today my cat scratched the tip of my index finger. It bled a little. I considered myself pretty tough cause I didn't even put a band-aid on it. But thats when news like this really brings me back to reality. Apparently, Nathan Horton was playing with a badly separated shoulder BEFORE he got severely concussed.

Are you kidding? Theres no way. Theres just no way. I don't get how these guys can deal with these stupid levels of pain and baseball managers sprint out of the dugout if their star pitcher grimaces. Do they have a really high threshold to pain or am I just weak? I'm battling right now just typing this blog. But seriously. A separated shoulder. I'd feel like a hero getting out of bed in the morning. It would hurt too bad to even think about putting pads on, let alone participating in a sport where other really big guys are allowed to smash me into big panes of glass. Not for me.

Stuff like this gets to me. Like my left elbow still kind of hurts just from watching Rondo's explode. But while I was crying Rondo was begging the trainer to pop it back in so he could play. That's heart and I respect it. I wish I could say I'd do the same but theres absolutely no chance. Same with Horton's situation. I tip my cap to the both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment