Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dusty's almost as frustrated as me

"I’m frustrated. We all went to bed at 3 o’clock. We don’t just put our head on the pillow at 11:30 and go to sleep and say everything’s great. We’ve got 15 All-Stars or whatever the hell we’ve got on this team. That’s not how it is, man," said Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia. "This is our lives. We’re going to get home right now and my wife’s going to look at me and say 'Expletive], you’re 0-6. You guys stink. We all bring this [expletive] home with us, man. We care. We’ll figure it out. We have to. We don’t want to let anyone down. That’s it."

But I'm still glad he's got an edge to him. The word quit isn't in his vocab. Even an 0-6 start can't alter his confident approach.

"We’ll figure it out," he explained. "We’re going to win a lot more games than we’re going to lose, I’ll tell you that. We’re not going to be 0-162."

We gon see.

No comments:

Post a Comment