Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nothing is right and everything is wrong


Seriously what is happening? The Sox haven't started this poorly since 1945. No disrespect to Otey Clark and the rest of the '45 roster but we have too much talent for this. It's moved past embarrassing and jumped straight to bewildering. I am bewildered. Shocked. Stunned. I'm not even mad, I'm actually impressed how well they're consistently disappointing me.

More than half our lineup is hitting under .200. Kevin Youkilis is at .105. Crawford at .174, closely followed by Ellsbury who's hitting .167.

Jon Lester wore his pitching pants today and brought his pitching glove. He only gave up 3 hits and had 9 strikeouts in 7 innings pitched. But he got nothing from his offense. Literally nothing. The Sox left 7 runners on base. It feels like there is some sort of forcefield preventing us from scoring runs. I don't have an explanation for it.

I would make some joke about how if someone told me this would happen I'd suggest they check themselves in to an institution. But its past that. Past the time for jokes. They aren't even relevant because NOBODY saw this coming. No one. It denies logic. I think all of Sox nation definitely has that Mike Winchell feeling right now.

It doesn't get any easier for the Sox, as they head home for a series against the Yankees. I don't remember what it feels like to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment