Saturday, May 7, 2011

Legendary




We aren't going anywhere. As bad as ESPN and ABC want the Heat to win this series the boys in green have a little something to say about that.

They came out playing absolutely inspired basketball. Paul Pierce set the tone on both ends, scoring in bunches, and aggravating Lebron defensively. KG was phenomenal. Easily his best playoff performance with the Celtics.

But the real story here is Rondo. Wade pulled him to the floor at the end of that play (which I feel like isn't being talked about enough at ALL) and it didn't look good. It could easily qualify for one of those gruesome sports injury vids on YouTube. I mean it was awful. I couldn't imagine a scenario in which he would play the rest of this year. I was so sure his arm was broken and I spent the next few minutes FUMING that our season was being robbed from us on a cheap play like that.

Every now and then a little fantasy would pop into my mind of Rondo coming back out but those would just make me feel even worse. I didn't see how it could happen. I thought there was no way.

Almost didn't believe my eyes when I saw him walking to the bench. Unreal. Did Professor Lockhart give him rubber bones? What's the story here?

But in all seriousness Rondo jumped into legendary status tonight. No question about it. That was one of the most courageous sports performances EVER. I'm a young guy so I don't want to overstep my boundaries here but I feel like this has to be up there with the best classic Celtics games of all time. I know theres been a lot of great ones but how many times can you say a guy came back and played with one arm. Unreal.

I'll remember this one for the rest of my life, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment