Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lebron: "The Lakers got them a great coach."


I guess Lebron forgave Mike Brown for being the sole reason they never won a title in Cleveland. You know, because why should the best basketball player in the world have to accept any blame.

I'm more than a little puzzled as to how Mike Brown worked his way into the hearts of the Lakers brass. I'm sure he's a real smart guy, and more than capable of being a good head coach at the NBA level, but don't they remember what he did in Cleveland? Yes he did get his team deep into the playoffs but that was mostly because of his defensive prowess. On the offensive side of the ball he's often several steps behind opposing coaches. Seriously, the Cavs could have done a better job coaching themselves offensively. His strategy was to find Lebron and then watch Lebron. With a quickly aging Kobe Bryant, that same idea won't work in LA.

On an aside note I've heard rumors that the Lakers are going to try and acquire Stephen Curry. That would destroy me on the inside. I don't want to hate him and the reality is I won't be able to. He's too adorable and he's been my favorite non-Celtics player since his sophomore year at Davidson. It would only be worse if he went to the Heat. I need to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment