Monday, April 18, 2011

Wahoo


Great game. GREAT game.

Definitely one of those where no matter how much we were losing by you felt we'd pull it out. I almost got electrocuted through the TV cause the crowd was so hyped up.

Jermaine O'Neal was absolutely phenomenal. That was why he was an All-Star with the Pacers. I will never ever again call him the ghost of Jermaine O'Neal. I'm done with that. I love the guy. See this what the playoffs are all about! These types of performances build camaraderie! Between the players themselves and their relationships with the fan. JO talked after the game about how we've supported him whole heartedly even though he was hurt and for that he feels he owes us. Love him.

He didn't look for his offense, he let it come to him. He was hitting timely jumpers, within the flow of the offense. But I think the real story is his defense. It has to be right? The guy came up with 4 blocks. It looked like he took it personally when people were complaining about our lack of toughness and size in the middle with Perk gone. JO was a monster down there.

Overall I thought it was a solid performance, besides that atrocious second quarter. But I never really got concerned. We're a second half team anyways. I don't know how many times I've seen a bad second quarter like that which then leads into a huge third quarter charge.

Clearly they started looking for Ray. About time! I guess they were just saving him for the playoffs, hoping teams would forget about him. He is so clutch.

Now I don't want to be like THAT guy or anything but I did call the last two Celtics plays. I was on the phone and I was like hey, they should do an alley-oop right here. Bang. They did. Final play I said Paul to Ray for the 3 and we'll win by 2. My Dad can vouch for me. I should probably coach.

I'm still so hyped up. I'm like shaking and stuff. Literally cannot wait for Game 2. I'd look for Rondo to come out even more aggressive. He was fantastic in Game 1, a rebound and an assist away from a triple double, but he isn't even CLOSE to that Rondo Playoffs level he can get to, and will get to. That's scary for the Knicks.

Speaking of the Knicks Doc Rivers is like 10 moves ahead of D'Antoni at all times. Like is that even a debate? It's a little bit embarrassing. If he had held onto his timeouts he could have MAYBE drawn up a better play than Iso Melo Chuck Up Contested 3. Like how do you not give the ball to Amare there? He couldn't be stopped down the stretch there. But no Melo wanted to be the hero. Great example of why its not the best idea for these stars to come together while still in the middle of their primes. Maybe our Big 3 would have pulled a stunt like that if they come together in their mid 20s. But they didn't. Part of the reason we're gonna win this series. Cause we execute. Shazzabooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment