Sunday, April 10, 2011

Red Sox wash the bad Celtics taste out of my mouth


Josh Beckett looked like the true ace of our rotation, throwing 8 shutout innings, striking out 10 and only giving up 2 hits. He was his dominant self that we grew used to seeing a few years ago. Of course, this performance is going to spark a whole lot of talk that Salty should be benched. Varitek hasn't done much better at the plate, but he clearly has a much better idea of how to handle our rotation.

Lil Dusty continued with his Laser Show (3 for 4). He's making such great, hard contact right now. He looks like he's ready to go on one of those tears of his, where he bats something stupid like .800 over a 10 game stretch.

David Ortiz continued his improved spring, (2 for 4) and came a few feet away from his third home run of the spring. He hit the ball to dead center field and almost hit the 420 sign. So pretty much he hit it as far as it can go without leaving the ball park. He's swinging the bat well.

Papelbon came in and again was dominant in the 9th, striking out two. It was definitely vintage. My confidence might waver in him the next time he blows a save, but as of right now he's doing a good job of winning his way back into my good graces. Well done sir.

Anyways about that other sport. I don't want to talk about hoops really to be honest. Everything about that game bugged me. It's hard for me to see how we can turn it around and be a different team in the playoffs, but I couldn't see it last year either and it still happened. So I really don't know what to think. I guess anything could happen.

Even though I defend the trade whenever I hear someone talk bad of it, that's really just paranoia I think. I don't want to believe it was an awful deal. I'm starting to see it was. It would have looked a whole lot better if Shaq had come back like two months ago. But right now it looks like Danny made a horrific decision. I'm more aggressive in my watching of the game than Jeff Green in his playing of it. Nenad is soft. I honestly liked Semih more. I just miss our old group.

I just talked way too much hoops for saying I didn't want to talk hoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment