Thursday, March 24, 2011

So we lost



Made too many mistakes last night. We didn't deserve to win. Embarrassing execution down the stretch. A Big Baby 3? Yeah we've been there before and that's not good.

I was pretty upset. But then I saw Tony celebrating and oddly enough it all melted away. I felt my face stretch into a smile. TA still gets me every time. His over the top celebration right in the face of Paul and KG, which he then ended abruptly to embrace each of them in turn. Tommy put it well when he said "Tony it's not practice. They aren't happy for you."

But I miss the hell outta TA and apparently the feeling is mutual.

“I’m a Celtic, but unfortunately, I wear a Grizzlies jersey right now,” said Allen, who was the only member of the Memphis starting five to receive a positive response from the Garden crowd during Wednesday night’s game. “It was a nice reaction. I liked it.”

I wonder how his Grizzlies teammates feel about that comment. Maybe it was taken out of context? I don't really see how it can be... I'm a Celtics. Present tense. And UNFORTUNATELY I'm wearing a Grizzlies jersey now. So it's unfortunate.

Chris Forsberg wrote an interesting article about how if we had never lost TA how we may not have trade Perk at all, because we already would have had all the wingman depth we needed. Stuff like that makes me sad. I still miss our old team.

But this is the situation we find ourselves in. Jeff Green is a big, athletic wingman. His stats are impressive but (as REDSARMY pointed out) it doesn't feel like he ever leaves his imprint on a game. It's just sort of hard to tell when he's out there. He'll make a nice play every now and then but I want him to be leaping off the screen at me a bit more. Maybe he needs to adopt a little more of that do or die hustle KG, Paul and the other vets display, diving on the floor for loose balls and whatnot. I don't know. But I'd like to be seeing more complete games out of him before the playoffs roll around. Or else I'll just continue to wish he was Tony Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment