Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I wanna be Steph Curry...



Weird that I haven't already talked about this. I've been a fan of Curry's ever since he took the Tourney by storm about three years back. All of America fell in love with the kid. The way he led such a small school to that much success was the perfect Cinderella story. I remember going outside after watching one of his games and trying to mimic his jump shot. My dad got me his Davidson jersey for my birthday that year. So yeah, I'm a fan. I never would have looked into applying to Davidson (which wouldnt have gone well) if it wasn't for Mr. Steph Curry.

I just love his game. It's so smooth. And it helps that he still looks like he's 13. It's like this little kid out there crossing up grown men. It doesn't look like it should work but it does. He easily has one of the quickest releases in the game. The guy could get off a three point shot in a telephone booth. Give him just a little space and its over. And he quickly silenced all those who believed he couldn't play the point at an NBA level. His game is clearly growing still, besides on the defensive side of the ball. But that has a lot to do with the team he plays for.

He's the one guy in the NBA whose jersey I think I would wear even though he's not on the Celtics. Maybe not like in public or well-lit areas but still, thats high praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment