Sunday, January 23, 2011

Patriots-less Football




Yuck. Not a fun week. I went back to escuela which is never a good feeling. I didn't think it would be so bad though, because at least I would have the Pats to look forward to. Nope. That was torn away from me.

I couldn't pull myself far enough out of my downward spiral to put a real post together. It would've been pretty dark. It kills me to comment on the-game-that-shall-not-be-named but I guess I should.

This is stating the obvious to the max but Tom's interception was a killer. I felt like the whole universe flipped upside down. And it was on a SCREEN pass! That has haunted my dreams more than a little bit. Like PATCHUNGGGG said there are no "ifs". But IF that INT didn't happen I am positive we stick it in the end zone on that drive. We were cruising that whole drive. Samesies on the one that followed. If Crumpler's hands didn't repel that ball we would have been up 14-0. Boom. Game over. Troy Brown was right when he said that the Patriots were frontrunners this year. They were at their best when they got out in front early. If we put up those two TD's on the Jets it would have been over. Rexy would have been like "Hmm this game plan that I thought was going to work is not working. Maybe we should blitz on every down?"

And Tom would have picked that apart. And I'd be smiling right now. But I'm not. And Tom has to rehab his surgically repaired foot.

Packers vs. Bears and Steelers vs Jets today. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment