Tuesday, January 4, 2011

C's top Wolves 96-93

Another gutsy win for the C's. It definitely wasn't pretty. In fact this one was pretty ugly, but you love to see that they're able to finish out these close games. I think I saw enough 4th quarter collapses from this team last year.

After a slow start Paul got it going in the 3rd quarter with 15 points. But the real spark came from Von Wafer. It's been hard for me to identify with Von for several reasons. One being his spotty shot selection at times and the other is that D West is my boy. But theres no denying it; we would have lost last night if it weren't for Wafer. He attacked the basket, ran hard in transition, and showed that he can be more than an offensive player, even though he said differently during training camp.

Another fairly impressive game was turned in by the ghost of Jermaine O'Neal. While his offensive game still leaves a lot to be desired, he certainly has a presence on D. He swatted 4 Wolves shot attempts yesterday, and a few of his fouls looked like clean blocks to me. But what do I know.

In other news Delonte got his cast off. He says it feels a little stiff but that after 3 weeks of rehab and getting his wind back he could be out there balling hard. I hope hes right. I'm tired of losing players, I want to start plugging them back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment