Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Not Great



Way too much dirt coming out about the Sox. WEEI is more depressing than ever. It isn't good for me to hear about this stuff. I'm gonna write about it and then move on permanently.


We all knew Lackey was a bum. Lazy, over-paid, and arrogant. Josh Beckett was a surprise. Just going by his demeanor on the mound I always assumed he cared. Seems like he has a reputation as a big game pitcher. But apparently as soon as he was out of the Cy Young race he formally announced to the whole team that he just didn't care anymore.


The Beckett revelations were surprising but hearing that Jon Lester was right there with those two, hurts my feelings. Never could have guessed it. The Globe reported that down the stretch those three were eating fast food, drinking beer, and playing video games during games they didn't start. Just a slap in the face to the entire organization.


To me this is more painful than hearing a player took performance enhancers. Better that than doing everything they can to end up in the worst shape possible. At least most guys who take PED's care about winning. If they don't care then why should I?

No comments:

Post a Comment