Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Brady 6


Those of you who know me well understand my man crush on Tom Brady. In my eyes he can do no wrong. Some people see his long hair and see a girly man, I see Aragorn. Others make fun of his dancing in Brazil, I commend him for taking a vacation.

So The Brady 6 might make me cry. Lets find out.

- UNBELIEVABLE that he did not play football until his freshman year. Says a lot for what athleticism he does have.

- Brady says his attitude was always that he was the best quarterback for the job. Still is.

- Lloyd Carr is trying to convince messed up. Bad. It's almost embarrassing this guy couldn't figure out how good Tom was. He's trying to do some revising now, like he knew the whole time. Come on now. Also what kind of decision is that to start one quarterback and then switch them by quarter? Didn't work with JD McCoy and Matt Saracen, why would it work here?

- 241 yards in the final 18 minutes. Wow. The guys just a winner.

- I just don't understand how scouts didn't pick up on how great a leader Tom was. He would always start the games well, completing over 60 percent of his passes. And he had that knack for being even better when it mattered most, in the clutch.

- I don't know if it would have been better or worse if Tom did the combine wearing Under Armour. Could go either way.

- Seriously did someone script Tom Brady's life? Grew up a diehard 49ers fan. Was sitting in THE endzone where THE catch was made. Wanted to be just like Joe Montana.

- I'm faster than Tom Brady. Got that goin for me.

- Why did Mel Kiper even mention Tom's vertical as a negative? How often does a QB need to leave his feet? Take a lap.

- It's hilarious listening to who else we picked that year. J.R. Redmond is the only name I recognize.

- What's wrong with Tom's chinstrap here?

- Kraft remembering that conversation with Tom where he introduced himself. Epic. "I'm the best decision this organization has ever made." Goosebumps.

- HAH. Jeff Garcia.

- This Gio guy looks overwhelmed in every single clip they've showed so far. That's what you get for drafting a guy outta Hofstra.

- First thought about this Hall of Fame game. Wow we actually had a pass rush.

- I forgot about that hit where Tom lost his helmet. He loved it!

- Yeah no kidding some doubt crept in for Carshmazzipasta. He pretty much underhand tosses the ball to the defense in the next clip. "Here have it! Get me outta here, I want to play with goats instead."

- Bill "we didn't want to take a chance on losing him." That guy knew. He always knows.

- So this guy Spergon Wynn. First of all I've known a lot of Spergons in my time, and not one of them has been very successful. Why the Cleveland Browns thought they should take a risk on a guy who wasn't even completing half his passes in the D1aa level is beyond me.

- Mel Kiper has aged really well. Looks exactly the same. Just his eyes are a little less squinty.

- HIGHLARIOUS that Brian Billick didn't even remember Spergon. Poor guy.

- I'm not sure what to make of this Aaron Shea fellow. Kinda feels like he's just sucking up to Tom. "There was no doubt in my mind Tom was the best quarterback in my eyes in that draft that year." Then he throws Tim Couch under the bus. Which is warranted.

- "I like under. I like sticks. I like double seam. I like in seam." Now at this point there wasn't any REAL quarterback controversy between Tom and Drew Bledsoe, but it's nice to see that Drew was there for him and was an active part of helping Tom become NFL ready.

- "Once I get my shot I'm gonna be ready." Words to live by. Man this guy is inspiring. Almost makes me feel like I should get off the couch and do something with my life. Maybe in a little.

- This might be weird but I kinda miss when Tom wore the bigger, plastic chinstrap. I was actually upset when he made the switch to the leather one.

- Tom and Peyton's first handshake is classic. Short and sweet.

- Brady's spike in the endzone. All that youthful exuberance.

- Brady fire sighting in the tunnel before the end zone. Drew couldn't even handle it.

- That was a sweet catch by David Patten in the corner of the endzone by the way.

- What is it with these guys? You can either be a qb or an insurance salesman? What the hell did you go to college for.

- Those Jets fans sure did go wild over Chad Pennington. Poor little things.

- Hey! Rohan Davey sighting! I always liked him, don't ask me why.

- More Brady fire. "Are we gonna fight?! Are we gonna lay down?!" <3

- Ya know, I FORGOT Marc Bulger used to be good. That's silly. Kurt thinks he's as physically gifted a quarterback as he's ever seen. Well now you know you need a bit more than that.

- Really Aaron Shea? Tom gave you a look before he made that drive? He singled you out with his eyeballs out of that sea of people over there on the sideline? Take a lap.

- Ugh that Colts game still hurts. Tom got us to the AFC championship working with spare parts. When your best receiver is Reche "Bug Eyes" Caldwell, that's when you know.

- More Brady fire but it sounds like he screwed up a lil bit. Sounds like he couldn't decide if he wanted to say "Let's go right now" or "Let's go today now" so it came out something like "Let's go nennay now!" Proves hes human anyways.

- Not gonna lie Tom didn't look great in that batting cage session. And he was a lefty I guess. I don't know how that makes sense.

- Oh man Drew Henson screwed up. He definitely could have used someone to give him some guidance. Maybe a mentor of some kind. Or like a parent? I don't know.

- Testaverde sighting.

- "He wants to prove to those people that doubted him that they're wrong." Still going at that to this day.

- Why did Tom grab the baseball bat to walk up the street? Dad could've explained that a little bit better.

- Watching Tom tear up about that draft day is such a great, human moment. Remembering going through that tough time with his family. Tom Brady tears activate my tears.

- True words spoken by this guy about football coaches being father figures. Tee Martin or whoever.

- Spergon Wynn is adorable.

- Gio is a yoga exercising farmer who has five goats. That's more rings than Tom has so he's got that going for him.

- Tom Brady is the least soft guy to ever come out of Cali.

- I LOVE when they read out everything the scouts said about him and then show highlights showing he can do all those things perfectly well.

- "It's just that feeling that man, maybe nobody wants ya. When I watch myself play at times I still don't think I'm very good. Man, you're still not very fast. You got a decent arm. You made some pretty bad reads on that day. That's what gets me up and motivates me."

No comments:

Post a Comment