Thursday, April 14, 2011

Boston Rob is my role model


This might be my first non sports related blog post. I think it has to be. But I've been wanting to write about Boston Rob for a little bit now. While he isn't an athlete that doesn't mean I don't look up to him. If you're from Boston, or even the North Shore, and you gain a little notoriety, I'm going to be behind you 120%. For me it's the Celtics, Pats, Sox, and Boston Rob, in no particular order.

The guy dominates reality tv games. He first showed up on the scene in 2002 on Survivor. I was instantly on his side after watching how he went all out in the challenges and was constantly pulling off cunning blindsides. He's been on Survivor three more times since then. The second time he went on all he did was make it to the final 2 and propose to the girl who did win, so you could say he won twice.

He took a little break from Survivor and thought he should give The Amazing Race a try. Him and his wife Amber (who's a smokeshow by the way) came in second place.

Right now he's on Survivor again and he looks like he could take the whole thing this time. Even though the tribes have merged he's got his former Ometepe tribe mates following his every command. The guy has been working for years to become a professional poker player and right now this is his card game. I'm not kidding it gets me fired up.

I feel like not enough people watch Survivor. So if you read this you should tune in next Wednesday, or catch a few episodes On Demand. Boston Rob for President. Appreciate a local legend people. I'm even growing out my own Boston Rob goatee.

No comments:

Post a Comment