Thursday, March 3, 2011

What would life without football be like?



Talks between the players union and the owners were scheduled to stop at 1 Eastern time but apparently they've continued. I guess that's a good sign? I guess the owners made a good enough proposal that they're now considering an extension on the talks to try and prevent a lockout.

But just for the sake of being depressing I want to discuss the possibility of a lockout. What exactly would that look like?

To be honest I don't know. I've never really experienced a lockout in any sport, or I should say I've never been old enough to understand why a certain sport wasn't on TV anymore.

Fall without football would be a frightening thing. If the lockout continued into winter that would become downright miserable. Especially in New England, where winter is like 8 months long. What would I do every sunday without TB12? I don't know. When does the CFL play?

What would happen to all those depressed people in those MNF commercials who only have the games to look forward to? Mondays would just SUCK. Nothing to look forward to.

Would the rate of suicide grow? Serious question. Honestly I think it might. That's a terrible, morbid, depressing thought but it just might be true.

On that note why can't they make this thing happen? Don't they like football too?

Also, Obama just said he's going to stay out of it. That's like the opposite of what he should be saying. This should be priority one. He says hes got other stuff to take care of, like the crisis in Libya... I don't even know where that is. Take care of number 1 Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment