Sunday, March 27, 2011

Celtics Wolves Running Diary Bill Simmons style


-Celtics dominant so far in the first half. Moving the ball well offensively and playing stingy defense. Up by 20 plus.

-Rondo's out but that doesn't had anything to affect our energy. Maybe thats part of the reason actually. Rondo can't set the tempo, which has been a little bit lazy of late. I don't like the way he was smirking during an interview the other day when he was asked about some of their recent struggles. He is a mysterious little fellow, and sometimes its tough for me to tell if he cares. I assume he's just bored with the regular season and we'll all start to see more of that fire come playoff time (like his famous dive for the ball against the Magic).

-Delonte is playing well with the starters. Knocking down open shots and feeding Paul and Ray for open looks. He's just always so in control of the flow of the game.

-Defensive energy dipped a little bit and the lead was down to 13 by the half.


SECOND HALF


-You can almost see the interest leaving the starters right now. This game shouldn't even be close right now. Wolves have cut the lead to 9. They're still getting good looks but the shots just aren't falling. The defensive intensity needs to pick up, everything comes from that.

-5 point game. I'm frustrated. And now KG travelled. They're doing this on purpose I think.

-Darko Milicic is still in the league and he just made it a 3 point game.

-Jeff Green enters and knocks down a three. Would really love to see him bring some energy and scoring here. If he could play tough like TA used to for us and score the same way he does then he'd be perfect.

-Baby cannot hit a baseline jumper to save his life.

-Wesley Johnsons stupid foul is the only thing that prevented this game from being tied going into the fourth. My flabber has been gasted. I'm not even mad, I'm actually impressed with how well they're doing at disappointing me.

-I'm depressing myself right now but I have that Mike Winchell feeling like no matter what happens we're gonna lose. I hope I'm wrong.

-9:40 left in the game. P Twice free throws put us ahead by 2. Beasley promptly ties the game cause he wants to give me a hard time.

-That good, crisp ball movement of the first half is mostly gone. Instead of 4, 5, 6 good passes its just 1 or 2 and then a forced tough shot.

-Delontes back in and instantly we look more aggressive. Love how he pushes the ball up the court and quickly gets us into our offense. Too often Rondo is lackadaisical getting into the offense, again giving the impression he'd rather be at home playing video games.

-Whats a Tolliver? It just hit a 3 to give the Wolves the lead. And Gormans right, they're getting every single loose ball.

-Ok, Paul with the emphatic and1 followed by a few angry fist pumps and he's got his "I'm not gonna lose" face on. I feel better. But not really.

-Next possession, Paul hits the mid-range jumper to stretch this lead to 4. Yippee. This is definitely one of those where I'm gonna be upset no matter what happens at this point. They already let me down. I'm just glad my captain still wants to win.

-KG took Randolph to school on that one. Puts the lead back to 4 and gives himself a double double.

-Heading into a timeout the T-Wolves just got yet another offensive rebound. Can't explain it. But I miss Perk.

-KG with the killer step back jumper. Back to 4 again. He wanted that. Everyone in the building knew that was going in.

-D-West comes up with a HUGE offensive rebound. Because of that I have added him to my list of players who care about winning this game. Unfortunately, right now it feels like I could count those players on one hand.

-Paul definitely just threw that ball at Tolliver so it would bounce off his foot to end to the game. School yard move. Pauls game was born outside. Inglewood up to no good.

Final 85-82


I said earlier I wasn't going to be happy even if we won and I wasn't lying. I'm extremely unpleased. There's no excuses for what just happened. Giving up a 25 point lead to the Kevin Love-less T-Wolves makes me feel sick. It doesn't help that it's Sunday night and I have a whole week of classes staring me right in my mug.

Right now Tommy's talking about how the bench was tentative which was the reason we started to lose our lead. I agree but when we brought the starters back in they seemed disinterested, a la Rajon Rondo. Why can't they just pretend its a playoff game? Quit doing this to me. Look, guys I know you don't care right now. But at least humor me. Give me like 2 and a half quarters of good basketball and then you can take a vacation the rest of the game. Give Avery Bradley something to do besides fetching peanut butter and jelly.

Take a lap. Except the Big 3. You guys hit the exercise bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment